Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns
Recipe via Goodful
See Full Recipe...Cauliflower Hash Browns
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup chives, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Using a coarse grater, grate the cauliflower until the entire head has crumbled down into small bit.
- Transfer the cauliflower bits to a bowl and sprinkle over a ½ teaspoon of the salt. Mix the cauliflower to incorporate the salt and let sit for 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
- Transfer the soaking cauliflower to another bowl lined with a large towel. Wrap the towel closed and squeeze so that all of the excess liquid is strained.
- Transfer the cauliflower back into the first bowl used and mix with the cheese, chives, garlic, olive oil, basil, black pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Turnover a large roasting tray and line with parchment paper - this helps prevent burning on the bottom of the hash browns. Divide the cauliflower mixture into 6 even portions, place on the tray, and shape into hash browns.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the hash browns cool for about 15 minutes until they have set.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce.