Chicken Katsu Ramen Fries
Recipe via Food Envy
See Full Recipe...Chicken Katsu Ramen Fries
- 2 packs of freeze-dried ramen noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot, cut into little rounds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- panko breadcrumbs
- plain flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- For your sauce, soften the onion and garlic in oil until translucent. At this stage, add your carrot and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes so that the carrot softens a little. Add your flour and curry powder, then gradually pour in your stock until you have a nice, thickish looking sauce. Add the honey, soy and bay leaves, turn the heat down low and leave to cook for about 15 minutes. Keep hot.
- Cook your ramen noodles in water until al dente. Drain, leave to cool, add two eggs and mix well.
- Tip your noodle mix onto some foil. Shape into a rectangle, wrap your foil around it and pop into the freezer until hardened.
- Cut into thick fries, then place into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts so they are thin and of the same thickness. Dip into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Repeat this process, then fry in the same oil until nice and crispy- about 5 minutes.5.0https://www.hospitalitytrainingcenter.com/chicken-katsu-ramen-fries/