Dulce de Leche – Stuffed Bananas
Recipe via Tasty Demais (Brazil)
See Full Recipe...Dulce de Leche – Stuffed Bananas
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Cinnamon sugar
- Ice cream
- Cut the ends off the bananas, peel them, and slice them into thirds.
- Using a vegetable peeler, hollow out the inside of each banana piece, making sure not to cut through the bottom.
- Fill the banana pieces with dulce de leche.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot over high heat.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Roll the frozen bananas in the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the bananas until golden brown.
- Roll the fried bananas in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with ice cream.